🧈 About MeetButter
We're building MeetButter - which is like Zoom but laser focused on online workshops, a billion dollar niche of online meetings. We started out in mid-2020 and thousands of people are now running their online meetings and workshops on MeetButter.
We're backed by some of the best investors in Europe and we're looking to bring new team members onboard this journey of making online meetings better than physical ones.
We fundamentally believe that great design, a close connection with our users and an amazing product experience is vital to be successful and regard design as a core pillar on which we build the company.
✍️ The Role
We're looking for a T-shaped designer, with the breadth and depth of skills to comfortably take on UI/UX, visual design/branding, and user research/testing in the initial growth stage, while also poised to manage and grow their own team once the time is right.
The role is the first dedicated design role and requires you to be excited and comfortable working hands on with the product from start to finish, ensuring design and delivery of high quality, delightful, user-centered experience.
You'll be working closely with Chris our CPO and co-founder and will be key to defining the role of product design in MeetButter going forward.
⚙️ Your Responsibilities
- Contribute to the overall product strategy and product roadmap
- Define product design practices, processes and how design operates at MeetButter
- Design high quality features that ship quickly
- Integrate user research and feedback into our process
- Map out user journeys and experiences
- Facilitate ongoing design reviews and iterations during the sprint
- Collaborate across teams to ensure that all relevant insights guide what we build
- Assist in growing and eventually leading the product design team when the company grows
- Help shape the brand and sharpen the visual identity of MeetButter
💪 Your qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience working with UX/UI design for tech products (as an individual contributor)
- Worked on complex interfaces for web applications or platforms.
- Experience with and skills within the whole design process: from user research and early ideation to delivering final designs for implementation.
- Ability to clearly articulate your thoughts and rationale behind design choices and the problems or needs they address.
- You feel right at home in either Figma or Sketch (we use Figma)
- You've supported (and maybe built) design systems in your past projects.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, with confidence and ability to think on your feet in a constantly changing environment
🧁 Icing on the cake
- Startup experience
- Experience in building and leading a design team is a plus
- Active in the design community or engaged in a network of designers
- Facilitation experience
- Experience with interaction design
- Experience designing for mobile
- 🌎 Fully remote team: Work from wherever you want - forever
- ⌚️ Flexible work hours: We care about how much you get done - not how much you work or when you do it
- 🏡 Equipment budget: $500 to set up your home office and ensure you have the equipment you need to do your job well!
- 🏖 Unlimited paid vacation: People in MeetButter can take as many days off as they need - and we strongly encourage to do so
- ⛑ Health Insurance: We either pay or give support towards health insurance (depending on where you live and what you need)
- 🎓 Self-development budget: We allocate a budget to each team member to ensure we all have the best opportunities to develop
- 🎉 Annual Butter meetup: Once a year we gather the whole team somewhere in the world and have fun together!
🤩 Ready to join us?
To apply, please fill out this short form! Be ready to include: - LinkedIn profile (or resume) - Portfolio or other examples of previous work - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about MeetButter
🌏 The Butter vibe
We never take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place. Especially when you're a fully remote team across 4 countries and 3 time zones 🇮🇩 🇲🇾 🇩🇪 🇩🇰.
Meet the gang 👇
🙏 Our Values
Be bold and adventurous We believe that nothing good comes from simply copying what other folks are doing. To truly build the future experience of complex meetings, you need to think radically different - and we celebrate that kind of thinking at MeetButter!
Make the world smaller We want to work with the best people - regardless of where they live in the world, what their background is or what their beliefs are. We believe that by building a team of diverse individuals, we'll build a product that by its nature is truly global!
Embrace silliness We NEVER take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place - and honestly we just can't help ourselves... We also have way too many butter based puns...
Open minded and open hearted We want even the newest of employees or the freshest of interns to feel comfortable to state their thoughts and opinions. Great ideas and insights can come from anywhere, and we want to encourage this!