🧈 About MeetButter
We're building MeetButter - which is like Zoom but laser focused on online workshops, a billion dollar niche of online meetings. We started out in mid-2020 and thousands of people are now running their online meetings and workshops on MeetButter.
We're backed by some of the best investors in Europe and we're looking to bring new team members onboard this journey of making online meetings better than physical ones.
We fundamentally believe that great design, a close connection with our users and an amazing product experience is vital to be successful and regard design as a core pillar on which we build the company.
✍️ The Role
You'll be reporting in directly to our CTO and Co-Founder. In this role, you'll work together with product managers, designers, and frontend engineers to solve common goals.
Adam, CTO and Co-founder
⚙️ Your Responsibilities
- Develop features and improvements to the MeetButter products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognise technical debt, propose and implement solutions.
💪 Your qualifications
- 3+ years experience as a Back-End Engineer
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Significant professional experience with NodeJS.
- Bonus: Someone with WebRTC experience and integrating video conferencing functionality
💻 Key technologies are:
- iOS & Android App: React Native app using Firebase, Redux, and GraphQL.
- Front-End: NextJS using React with Redux, CSS-in-JS, Material-UI, Webpack, GraphQL, and Firebase.
- Back-End: Express, Postgres (managed by Sequelize), Apollo GraphQL, and Firebase.
- Dev-Ops: AWS RDS, AWS ElasticBeanstalk, AWS EC2, AWS Elastic Load Balancing, Netlify.
- 🌎 Fully remote team: Work from wherever you want - forever
- ⌚️ Flexible work hours: We care about how much you get done - not how much you work or when you do it
- 🏡 Equipment budget: $500 to set up your home office and ensure you have the equipment you need to do your job well!
- 🏖 Unlimited paid vacation: People in MeetButter can take as many days off as they need - and we strongly encourage to do so
- ⛑ Health Insurance: We either pay or give support towards health insurance (depending on where you live and what you need)
- 🎓 Self-development budget: We allocate a budget to each team member to ensure we all have the best opportunities to develop
- 🎉 Annual Butter meetup: Once a year we gather the whole team somewhere in the world and have fun together!
🤩 Ready to join us?
To apply, please fill out this short form! Be ready to include: - LinkedIn profile (or resume) - Portfolio or other examples of previous work - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about MeetButter
🌏 The Butter vibe
We never take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place. Especially when you're a fully remote team across 4 countries and 3 time zones 🇮🇩 🇲🇾 🇩🇪 🇩🇰.
Meet the gang 👇
🙏 Our values
Be bold and adventurous We believe that nothing good comes from simply copying what other folks are doing. To truly build the future experience of complex meetings, you need to think radically different - and we celebrate that kind of thinking at MeetButter!
Make the world smaller We want to work with the best people - regardless of where they live in the world, what their background is or what their beliefs are. We believe that by building a team of diverse individuals, we'll build a product that by its nature is truly global!
Embrace silliness We NEVER take ourselves too seriously, and we believe that is for the better! A few silly vibes make the workplace a much nicer place - and honestly we just can't help ourselves... We also have way too many butter based puns...
Open minded and open hearted We want even the newest of employees or the freshest of interns to feel comfortable to state their thoughts and opinions. Great ideas and insights can come from anywhere, and we want to encourage this!